Sunday, May 2, 2010

crazy life

at lunch today, Laurie took a bite of her chicken. It was really hot. She said, "That is soooo hot. I could roast marshmallows with my breath!"

at supper tonight, she was telling us about her two legs..."this leg bleeds, but this one just gets hurt and stuff."

I think God gave me all of my blessings in people. Could there be any nuttier kids? Or a lovlier husband? Oh, I wouldn't trade any of my blessings for anything! We had a discussion at work a few weeks ago about winning the lottery. Two of my co-workers were discussing the saying, "you can't buy happiness." They were saying that with $30 million, you could - you could even buy love with that much. It made me think of all of the things in my life I wouldn't trade for 30 million dollars. I pray that God will give you, reader, the desires of your heart - not what your heart desires, but that He will give you desires that will give you true happiness. That's what I pray for.

"Then, God's fire upon the altar
of my heart was set aflame.
I will never cease to praise Him.
Glory, glory to His Name!"

2 comments:

Bobbiann said...

That was lovely. It actually seems to me that the richest people are the most unhappy.

Anonymous said...

i like your weird little nut-job kids.