Wednesday, January 26, 2011

my Life Hero

Ever watch a movie or read a book where the hero is just so amazing that no matter how bad the circumstances, you know he will save the day? In fact, the more terrible and impossible the circumstances, the more excited you are to see what he will do to make everything right again? I actually love those stories. And aren't we in one? I mean God is the Ultimate Hero, and He already Saved the Ultimate Day, but in my life story, He is also the hero, saving the day again and again. And that's really what I signed up for when I believed Him. I said, "Here's my lifestory - take it and make it really exciting, so that those who 'read' it will see living proof that You can and will be everything You've said You are!"
As long as I can remember, I've believed that God is Enough..... that, no matter how boring, deprived, or pathetic my circumstances, He is ALL I need. I've always believed this, but proving it is another story :) And I feel like maybe this is the aspect of Him that He's asking me to show with my life. And so, when I am completely overwhelmed with the lack of amazing, exciting, and fabulous things in my life, I can be sure that this grey backdrop is sure to show-up the brilliant rainbow of God's Love. (*disclaimer: although my job, house, lifestyle, clothes, etc may all lack "status" or other things considered desirable here in North America, you can be sure I am more than aware of the incredible blessings that have been poured over me in PEOPLE! I've always said that God has given me all my blessings in people and I wouldn't trade even one of the amazing people in my life for all of the material blessings in the world!)
So, stay tuned to the exciting story of my life to see my Hero save the day - every day! And remember: just when things feel and look their darkest and most impossible, that's when our Life Hero will do the impossible and bring good out of the most regrettable circumstances!

No comments: