Monday, September 5, 2011

open hands

Ok, I am sooooo being tested on my last post. Today was painful, and I really struggled to accept it as a gift. I know there is a way to hold my hands open to receive His gifts, to accept and not fight the difficulty. Tonight I read to Marcella and Laurie from a Bible story book we've been reading for a while. Tonight's story was Daniel and the Lion's Den. In the story, Daniel walked confidently to the lion's den - not because he knew he wouldn't be consumed by the lions, but because he trusted in God and he accepted this circumstance as from God. I would like to be like Daniel. Can I trust Him in every difficulty? The proof is in the gift of His Son. How would He give such a gift and not care for me in other matters? Jesus is the ultimate proof of God's love for me.

1 comment:

janelle said...

<3 praying for you! xoxoxox