Wednesday, April 30, 2014

but I waaant it!

I feel like I think I should be able to do whatever I want and not have it affect my life in any way. Spiritually, I'm a Starbucks-sipping, Uggs-wearing white girl; petulantly expecting Daddy to pay for everything with no responsibility on my part. Sure, I throw him a hug and a "thank you, Daddy" once in a while. Then it's right back to frivolously enjoying privileges that cost me nothing. Privileges that I have come to count as my right. Who hasn't seen this spoiled child and thought, "She just needs a little hardship in her life. That would give her a little depth of character."?

Thank you, God, for the difficulties and trouble you put in my life. Thank you that, like a good parent, you allow some things in my life that will help shape me and give me depth of character.

No comments: