Tuesday, May 27, 2014

one short evening at the MacDougalls

I always forget just how easy it is to make any meal taste gourmet - just add goat cheese. Tonight I arrived home from work an hour later than usual (about 730) because I stopped to visit a friend's mom who is in hospital after a heart attack. The girls had made a "snack plate" to hold them over till supper. A snack plate is any meat, cheese, veggies, and fruit they can find in the fridge. And pickles. Always pickles. When I got home, I put some bacon in the oven, mixed up some pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fruit. I also reheated some leftover burgers in the oven. (Ashlin's not a fan of breakfast-for-supper.) My burger was topped with goat cheese, bacon, mayo, mustard, and pickles. It was so delicious. Thank you, goat cheese; you saved the day again! After supper, it was bedtime for Laurie, Marcella got a shower, and Ashlin worked on homework at the table while I washed the dishes. It was a short but lovely evening.

No comments: