Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Learning God

Originally, I started this blog to record snippets of my daily life and my kids' lives, but mostly to record how God works in my everyday life. The "little" ways He surprises me daily (if anything about God can be little). He is teaching me now, however, that although I can share my experiences and write about them, I cannot communicate God. Only God can do that and He does it to individuals - not to groups through the experience of one. My experience of learning God could seem inconsequential to another, or even made-up. That doesn't mean I am going to stop recording my experiences here, but my goal has changed. If God chose to use my blog to reveal Himself to another, that would be His choice, but I will be able to look back and re-enjoy the moments He shared with me. The more I learn about God, the more I realize just how personal He is. He does not expect me to change who I am to learn Him the way another person does. He meets me in my own experience. I could not begin to write all the ways God has met me in my experience - the internet itself could not contain them. I could not put them into words. But, deep inside, I know them - I know Him. For this I am grateful and thankful everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the "snippets of your life" and the little ways God talks to you.
keep sharing, even if it does prompt my husband to leave horrible quotes he steals from his unsuspecting wife on your comments page!!
xox