Friday, April 6, 2007

rambling thoughts

Whew! What a long day at work I had today. It was really only about eight hours, but they were busy, difficult hours. And here it is, almost one o'clock in the morning, and I'd love to be in bed, but I sit here and type - trying to unwind. Some nights I just feel so tired of it all. This is really one of the most difficult jobs I've ever had. It is very physically demanding. You wouldn't think making pizzas would be so hard. But, maybe it's the sheer volume of pizzas. We made more than 200 pizzas tonight. I just kept wishing everyone would go home. And so I question, "Why am I doing this?", and "Is it worth it?" I've already questioned God on this one and felt His reassuring hand on my shoulder. But after a night like tonight, and after a week like this week, I begin to question again. "How am I going to keep up this pace?" "Are the kids paying the price for this?" Arrgh. I want to just shut off my brain for some quiet. I am so tired. This is tired talking. I will feel better in the morning. I will ask God these questions tomorrow. He will know what to do. He will not be surprised by my doubts. Before I go to bed, one funny thing happened at work yesterday. Two oldish ladies came in to the restaurant (they looked like the type who would pounce on you if you said the wrong thing - very judgemental) and one of them looked around and said, "Is this Subway?" I kept a straight face while I sold her a pizza.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that made me want to go over there and make pizzas for you!!

Anonymous said...

write more, write more. :) when you have time ... xox, i love you.

Anonymous said...

Are non-family-members allowed to pop in and say "Hi" here? I enjoyed your thoughts.

joeyanne said...

Thanks, Bobbiann. Great to have your feedback. Do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, but I have a website and email address :-)