Tuesday, August 28, 2007

the sanctuary

"In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.......And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?" Psalm 77:2,3,10 - 13

Verses 2 and 3 are somewhat how I feel lately - overwhelmed. I feel stress in almost every area of my life. I am not enough. I cannot hold it together. Everything I put my hand to turns sour. I fail. Some of these feelings are hormones; or, I guess, the hormones make the little feelings stronger and more difficult to push away. I know the way I should act/feel and yet I fail. I know the "type" of person I want to be - and I am not.

Then come the answers in verses 10 - 13. Remember God. Think about Him. Get your focus off of yourself and on the LORD. Sounds simple enough. But try putting it into practice. Truly, a person who is feeling sorry for herself wants only to think of herself. And yet the answer doesn't change. God says, You want peace, joy, strength? Cease from focusing on yourself; think on Me. Come into the sanctuary of My presence and rest.

I am not blessed when I cease to have struggles or difficulty. Jesus says I am blessed when I hunger and thirst after righteousness. (Matt.5:6) And so, today, I consider myself to be blessed indeed.

2 comments:

jennypo said...

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. (I Peter 5:10)

Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. (Psalm 31:20)

Gigi said...

Thanks......He is enough....right? Right......THanks for the reminder.