Friday, September 14, 2007

motherhood

Now that Ashlin and Marcella have gone back to school, I have been spending a lot more quality time with Laurie. She is such a funny kid. Just now, she found a purse full of pennies, dumped them out on the floor and said, "this is a billion of money!" The other day, I french-braided part of Marcella's hair before school. Laurie wanted me to do hers too, so she said, "Mommy, I want you to braid my hair in french too!" Her awareness of the world around her is growing and her phrases sound a lot like me. I love viewing the world through her eyes. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Already I am learning to loosen my hold to let her become the person God created her to be - with her own personality. And she is only 4!!! I pray that God will give me wisdom and patience enough to obey Him in letting my daughters grow into the young ladies that He has created. This is probably the hardest part of motherhood - letting go little by little so it is not all at once.

2 comments:

Kennyo said...

Hey how r u doing?
Just wanted to let u know that www.proverbs1810.blogspot.com is back up and running, with getting married and all i got alittle distracted! chat later

Anonymous said...

i love your awesome kiddos. they are really fun and hang-out-withable people - you're doing a great job. God bless you.
(hey! no wonder you're such a great mom! you had robb and me to practice on! we are going to be terrible parents though, unless chiqui and guido counted for parent practice time hehehe)