Friday, January 15, 2010

i am sure

God is good.
He cannot be otherwise.
His goodness does not depend on me.
I cannot merit His goodness.
He will give me His best for me simply because I am His child. (also His doing)
When all human logic points otherwise, still He is good.
I cannot obtain better than God's goodness for me.
When I search out other means of getting goodness for myself,
I call Him a liar.
He will never, never forget me or leave me in distress without it being for my good.
He is the Almighty God.
Satan whispers in my ear, "Why should He remember you? You have done no great thing for Him."
I have not. But He has done great things for me.
Even when I cannot understand His timing, He is perfect.

"I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD." Psalm 116:17

1 comment:

jennypo said...

It seems there is no separating deep beauty from deep pain.
At your expense, you have pulled back the curtain that hangs over my everyday eyes, and have given me a glimpse of the beauty of the One who says again and again that there is a beauty worth even His pain. Thank you.