Thursday, March 24, 2011

before my cross

thought I was ready
taking up that cross
following, following
I will stay close
(bring it on?)

I must go back
- missed something
I enter the stillness of the garden
in the time before the morning
someone is crying
"Nevertheless..."

my cross is too heavy
the garden is the only way
"not my will" can bear this crushing cross
the Father has drawn me
so I can come to the One
the One who bears His own cross

having surrendered to the One
who made the stars and the sky
I can take up my cross
and follow

with fear I follow
for I know I must come to the place
that still echoes, resounds with
"Father, forgive them!"

3 comments:

janelle said...

oh joey. i love this. <3

Anonymous said...

very good, joey! thanks for writing this.

kittykat said...

Wow! That is profound! I love it.